Sunday 11 August 2013

Back to the Mountains

I'm pleased to be heading back to the mountains again tomorrow - the Italian Dolomites and later, the French Alps with perhaps a little diversion in between, to the Julian Alps or climbing in Croatia, depending on the weather. I look forward to sharing some of my drawings with you!

Before I go here are some of the monotypes I've been making inspired by my visit to Herculaneum in April. This one is a version of the 'seahorse' fresco which also inspired the etching I posted last time. Interesting to see the effects on the image of using a different printmaking technique.









Monotype really lends itself to re-creating the character of these ancient wall paintings. Here are a few examples. What do you think?



 





 
 It would be interesting to have your comments on my work - and very encouraging if you were able to 'like' me on Facebook!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment